|Minimum System Requirements|
- Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- 1GB of RAM. (2GB recommended.)
- OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) or later.
- Audio recording and playback on 2 channels and multiple tracks.
- Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
- Uses 32-bit floating point PCM format internally.
- 64-bit Intel / 32-bit Intel app binary.
- Preserves BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) data in .WAV files.
- AudioUnit plug-in hosting.
- Applescript and Automator support.
|Supported File Formats|
* The Sound Studio app downloaded from this website under Downloads supports MP3 encoding using LAME.framework, which must be installed separately.
- AAC (m4a)
- Apple Lossless
- Ogg Vorbis
- Snap to zero crossings.
- FM synthesis, sine, triangle, square wave, and noise generators.
- Automatically generate markers in silent gaps or in a grid.
- Zoom in as close as sample level.
- Split by Markers feature to split a long file into separate tracks.
|Filters and Effects|
- Fade In, Fade Out, and Fade Special (with an envelope)
- Dynamics Compressor
- Dynamics Expander
- Noise Gate Expander
- Add Noise (or cowbell)
- DC Offset
- Invert Signal Polarity
- Swap Left and Right Channels
- Backwards/Reverse Audio
- Delay and Echo
- Pitch and Tempo
- 3-band, 10-band, and chart-based Graphic EQ
- High Pass
- Low Pass