What's new in version 4.8.13
- Fixed a bug with saving or loading marker positions in files in CAF format.
- Updated Save As to always shows the last setting selected by the user for Ogg Vorbis and MP3 quality options.
- Updated FLAC library.
- App is 64-bit only and no longer supports 32-bit.
- Updated WAV markers so that markers save into standard ‘cue’ and ‘list’ chunks.
- Updated Playthrough Input to Output so that it's now always off when Sound Studio is launched to avoid audio feedback.
What's new in version 4.8.12
- Fixed a bug with markers in the CAF file format.
What's new in version 4.8.11
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from saving as Apple Lossless (AAC) when using the Split by Markers command.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from using the Save As command because of a permissions alert (in the Mac App Store version of the app).
What's new in version 4.8.9
- Fixed a bug that had removed some of the Automator Actions. The full list of Automator Actions is back!
- Fixed a bug with the output volume slider so that it correctly controls play-through.
- Fixed a bug with the input gain slider so that it continues to control input gain when an external input device is unplugged from the computer.
- Fixed a bug with chapter marker positions in M4A files.
What's new in version 4.8.8
- Increased transparency of markers in the overview waveform area, so that the waveform can still be seen under marker labels.
- Sound Studio 4.8.0 and later require 64-bit. 32-bit is no longer supported.
What's new in version 4.8.7
- Fixed a bug with timer recording.
- Expanded Fade Special envelope so that the level can now also be increased up to 200%.
What's new in version 4.8.6
- Fixed a crashing bug with the Fourier Spectrum Analysis tool.
- Updated and fixed progress bar for Split by Markers.
What's new in version 4.8.5
- Fixed a bug where .mp4 and .mpg files were not recognized.
- Fixed a bug with the Automator Action for Normalize.
What's new in version 4.8.4
- Added a preference for default bit rate.
- Added a warning in the Save panel for when markers and metadata will not be saved in the selected file format.
- Fixed a bug where using search in the Open panel would show grayed-out files.
- Fixed bugs with AAC files related to added silence at start and end.
- Fixed a bug where the bit rate was not being remembered between opening a file and saving it.
- Fixed a bug where certain MP3 files could not be opened.
- Progress is now shown when using the Save Selection As command.
- Fixed bugs with the AppleScript Save command, and by extension, fixed issues with Automator and Monbots.
What's new in version 4.8.3
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash when trying to save or cancel out of presets.
- Fixed a bug where applying some filters would reduce the audio and selection length.
- Fixed a bug with number input and output fields so that Sound Studio properly handles commas and points.
What's new in version 4.8.2
- Added an error message for audio unit plug-ins that are not Sandbox Safe. (Audio unit plug-ins that are not Sandbox Safe will not work in Sound Studio.)
- Sound Studio now uses less CPU while recording.
- Fixed a bug with clicking on a marker to select it.
- Fixed a bug with missing “is recording” Applescript property.
- Fixed a bug with the file format popup under the Save As command.
What's new in version 4.8.1
- Artwork images can now be dragged from the file's Info sheet into the Finder.
- Fixed a bug with reading artwork and comment tags in MP3 ID3v2.3 and later versions.
- Fixed several minor UI bugs.
- Improved waveform display now is in Retina resolution.
- Fixed bug with Insert Silence duration field.
- Fixed bug with Monbots where the app would crash when processing large, uncompressed files.
- Fixed issue with accessing third-party audio unit plug-ins in the app.